Friday, November 11, 2011

Because of You - 11/11/11

In the sky over Lincoln today there was an amazing sight!  I have never seen such a magnificent display!

Oh my word, there were literally dozens of jet trails, crisscrossing the sky and layering one on top of the other!  It was absolutely beautiful and on this Veterans’ Day they served as a visual reminder to me of what we have to savor today because of the Veterans who have served throughout our American history.

Veterans, because of you we live with freedom that allows us to travel by the hundreds of thousands each day across the safe and secure skies of America.  We can travel for business.  We can travel to see family and friends.  We can travel for simple pleasure.  We are free to choose where and when we travel because of you!

Thank you.


I don’t pretend to fathom your individual sacrifices, I merely get to live beneath this beautiful sky and delight in knowing how safe each of those travelers is.....  because of you.

So, once again I say “thank you”.  And I pause for a moment in your honor, humbled by your great dedication to each of us,  and each American generation.  I am speechless that you each have so selflessly given to those of us you may never even know.

Thank you.


And, I can share these photos and my perspective - because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment