Thursday, October 27, 2011

There's a Lot More to learn About the Mail - October 18, 2011

The pieces of first class mail that I sent off to Macedonia on September 29 have not yet arrived.  The web site told me to place $1.82 postage on them.  The USPS postal clerk told me to use 98 cents of postage.  So, I followed the directions of the clerk staring at me with those eyes of “What kind of fool are you anyway?”   So, I bowed to the 98 cents and off they went.
We now have 8 pieces of first class mail out there floating around in the USPS space.  Maybe it doesn’t really matter how much postage you use.....  three weeks and they have not been delivered.

I keep thinking that using the USPS will be better  than playing roulette.  So far, I haven’t won a single roll.  But, if I continue to play, maybe the odds of the mail being received  by Jen will be slightly better than the odds of winning the powerball.  I have always nicknamed the lottery  “the tax on the mathematically challenged”.  Maybe our society has more than one form of this tax on the unfortunate!

Oh my word!  Patience is a virtue.  Perseverance is a virtue!  Maybe at some point Jen will receive mail from the U.S.

Thought for the day:  We have been told that mail outbound from Macedonia is less reliable than USPS into Macedonia.  Really?  Oh my word!

No comments:

Post a Comment